The white teen accused of fatally gunning down 10 people in the hate-fueled supermarket massacre in Buffalo had plans to continue his shooting rampage and find “more black people” to kill, according to cops and the suspect’s alleged manifesto.
One potential next target for the raging racist was a nearby Walmart, according to the document.
Payton Gendron, 18, was taken into custody minutes after he allegedly livestreamed himself opening fire at the Tops Friendly Market on Saturday afternoon.
“We have uncovered information that if he escaped the supermarket, he had plans to continue his attack,” Buffalo Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia told ABC’s “Good Morning America.”
“It appeared that his plans were to drive out of here and continue driving down Jefferson Avenue looking to shoot more black people as he could and possibly go to another store location.”
Gendron, who was heavily armed and wearing tactical gear, had driven about 200 miles from his family’s home in Conklin, NY, to carry out the racially motivated attack in the predominantly black neighborhood, police said.
In addition to the 10 people killed, three were wounded. Eleven of the victims were black and two were white.
The police commissioner wouldn’t disclose exactly what evidence indicated Gendron had allegedly wanted to continue his bloody rampage but said investigators had been trawling his phone and other electronic devices.
More coverage on the Buffalo supermarket shooting
The teen had previously posted a rambling, 180-page white supremacist manifesto online that spewed a racist philosophy and outlined his step-by-step plans for the massacre, law-enforcement sources have said.
In the manifesto, Gendron allegedly detailed how he would get “some food at McDonalds” and then “fully gear up” for his attack by making his three guns easily accessible in the passenger seat of his car.
He planned to park in front of the supermarket at about 4 p.m. – and then “kick open the door and jump out my car,” according to the document. The actual shooting ended up taking place an hour earlier, at 3 p.m., police said.
Once inside the store, Gendron allegedly planned to make his way through the aisles and shoot “all black people” several times over a 4-minute span, the manifesto said.
He then mapped out how he wanted to continue his alleged rampage through the neighborhood by shooting more black victims on the street – and would potentially hit another location, including a nearby “Walmart,” the document stated.
Gendron even allegedly predicted the exact neighborhood where he might “surrender” to cops if he was able to escape the supermarket.
The teen said he planned to survive the attack but acknowledged “death was a definite possibility.”
He had paid a chilling “reconnaissance” visit to the supermarket a day before the massacre, police have said.
Shonnell Harris Teague, an operations manager at Tops, told ABC News she saw the teen – dressed in camouflage and carrying a camper bag — sitting on a bench for several hours outside the store Friday afternoon. It was the same get-up he allegedly wore the next day for his slaughter.
When he eventually entered the store Friday evening, Teague said, she asked him to leave when it appeared as though he was bothering customers.
Teague spotted him again when he returned Saturday.
“I see him with his gear on and his gun and how it was all strapped on. … I seen all the other bodies on the ground. … It was just a nightmare,” she said, adding that she was among those who managed to escape out of the back of the store.
The FBI has said it is investigating the tragedy as both a hate crime and a case of racially motivated violent extremism.
Elsewhere in his alleged manifesto, Gendron wrote that the US should only belong to white people and all others were “replacers” who should eliminated by force or terror.
His sick alleged attack was intended to intimidate all non-white, non-Christian people and get them to leave the country, according to the document.
Gendron was arraigned in Buffalo City Court on one count of murder in the first degree just hours after the deadly attack. He is scheduled to face court again Thursday.