Her birthday celebration went up in smoke.
An Arkansas girl says the grill at a hibachi restaurant the place she was internet hosting her party “exploded” in her face, leaving her with first-degree burns.
“It occurred so quick, I sort of simply jumped again and I used to be like, ‘I’m on fireplace,’” Samantha Myers advised native outlet KATV.
Myers, 26, mentioned she and her household had been consuming at Kimono Japanese Steak Home in Paragould Sunday when the chef tried a fiery trick.
He drew a coronary heart on the grill with a liquid and lit it — sending flames bursting into Myers’ face and setting himself on fireplace as effectively, she mentioned.
The birthday lady ran to the toilet to splash water on her face. No workers helped, though the restaurant paid for her meal, she mentioned.
The flames burnt Myers’ eyelashes and eyebrows and singed her hair. She additionally had second-degree burns on her neck and chest, she mentioned.
Docs on Tuesday started treating her for an an infection on her eyelids, she mentioned.
“I simply really feel emotionally and bodily drained,” she advised the station. “I’m drained, and I’m hurting fairly badly.”
She mentioned she plans to sue the restaurant, which didn’t reply to a request for remark from the outlet.