After every Grand Prix of the 2021 season, Motorsport.com presents you a compilation of the most vital statistics. These are the attention-grabbing information and figures after the 15th spherical of the marketing campaign, the Russian GP.
The check and the individuals
– This has been the eighth version of the Russian Grand Prix, that are as many as the Turkish GP, though it would surpass it in a pair of weeks. Sochi additionally hosted the occasion for the eighth time, placing the circuit on a par with Mosport, Lengthy Seashore, Istanbul and Austin in quantity of Method 1 races.
– Again on the grid after testing optimistic for COVID-19, Kimi Raikkonen elevated the report for nice prizes performed to 343. He’s adopted by Fernando Alonso (327) and Rubens Barrichello (323).
– Lando Norris turned the 102nd driver to realize a pole place in Method 1 and is the 10th in exercise with at the least one pole.
– Lando Norris turned the fifth youngest driver in historical past to realize a pole place in Method 1, aged 21 years, 10 months and 13 days. The report holder is Sebastian Vettel at 21 years, 2 months and 11 days.
– It was the 156th pole for McLaren, in addition to the 214th for Mercedes as an engine producer. The German producer surpassed Renault (213).
– McLaren had not achieved a pole place in eight years, 10 months and 1 day, or 172 Grands Prix, since Lewis Hamilton was the quickest in qualifying in Brazil 2012. No different staff has waited so lengthy between pole positions. Solely Benetton exceeds 100 GP, with 7 years, eight months and eight days between Italy 1986 and Monaco 1994.
– Lando Norris was in the entrance row for the second time in his profession, whereas it was the first for Carlos Sainz, who posted his greatest efficiency in a qualifying session.
– This was the first time McLaren and Ferrari have shared the entrance row since the 2010 Italian Grand Prix. Each that point at Monza and this weekend in Sochi, an English driver was behind the wheel at McLaren (Jenson Button, Lando Norris ) and a Spanish driver for Ferrari (Fernando Alonso, Carlos Sainz).
– With George Russell in third place, it was the first time that the prime three locations had been made up of a McLaren, a Ferrari and a Williams since the 2004 Brazilian Grand Prix (Rubens Barrichello for Ferrari, Juan Pablo Montoya for Williams, Kimi Raikkonen for McLaren).
– Lando Norris and Carlos Sainz had been the first driver duo and not using a victory in F1 to monopolize a entrance row since Heikki Kovalainen and Mark Webber at Silverstone 2008.
– Fernando Alonso, sixth, was not in the prime six in a standings since the 2014 United States Grand Prix.
– Lewis Hamilton has achieved his historic 100th victory in Method 1.
– That is Mercedes’ 120th victory as a staff and 207th as an engine producer.
– Mercedes is undefeated in all ten editions of the Russian Grand Prix, first in 1913 and 1914 (when Method 1 didn’t but exist), after which from 2014 to 2021.
– Lewis Hamilton has received 5 of the eight Russian Grand Prix he has participated in, a 62.5% success fee.
– Hamilton can be the first driver to win by beginning exterior the prime three in Sochi. It was the fourth on the grid. It was his first victory coming from fourth place since the 2009 Hungarian Grand Prix.
– Hamilton has solely led 11 laps in the final eight Grands Prix, however that was sufficient to win two of them.
– Lando Norris set his third quickest lap of the race, matching Jochen Rindt, Keke Rosberg and Pierre Gasly.
– It was the 176th podium for Lewis Hamilton, stretching his report, the 53rd for Max Verstappen and the fifth for Carlos Sainz, who equaled Olivier Panis and Lando Norris.
– Max Verstappen completed second ranging from 20th place. Not counting when the Indianapolis 500 was half of the F1 calendar, solely 5 drivers have received that many locations and completed this excessive: John Watson (22nd -> 1st at the 1983 American Western GP), Niki Lauda (23rd -> 2nd in the similar GP), Jacques Laffite (20th -> 2nd in the 1985 Australian GP), Juan Pablo Montoya (20th -> 2nd in the 2005 German GP) and Sebastian Vettel (20th -> 2nd at the 2019 German GP).
– Max Verstappen is the first driver to complete on the podium exterior the prime 5 to 5 laps since Michael Schumacher at the 2012 European Grand Prix.
– Daniel Ricciardo reached the end line for the 31st consecutive race, the fourth greatest streak of all time.
– George Russell has scored 4 instances in the final 5 Grands Prix, solely Max Verstappen and Carlos Sainz have achieved higher.
– Sergio Pérez has added 16 factors in the final six Grands Prix, as many as George Russell. Ten drivers are doing higher and have scored greater than 25 factors.
– Mick Schumacher had the first retirement of his profession, however is the driver with the fewest retirements (6.67%) in Method 1 2021, forward of Valtteri Bottas (9.36%). The different Haas driver, Nikita Mazepin, has the most (26.67%) forward of Max Verstappen (21.64%).
– Valtteri Bottas stays winless in 22 Grands Prix, his worst streak since becoming a member of Mercedes.