Officers on Thursday revealed the trigger of dying for the 22-year-old lady who died when she grew to become stuck attempting to climb by way of the window of her Florida hotel room — as her mom remembered her as a “fearless” daughter who touched “numerous lives.”
Sydney Therriault, of Beallsville, Md., died of mechanical asphyxia, which signifies that there was some type of obstruction of the airflow to the lungs, in response to preliminary post-mortem outcomes from the Monroe County Medical Examiner’s Workplace.
The incident occurred whereas she was staying earlier this month on the Pelican RV Resort & Marina in Grassy Key.
“She didn’t have the important thing to her room and decided to unravel the issue with that fearless confidence of hers by climbing by way of the window,” her mom, Sandy Wright, wrote on Fb.
However Therriault one way or the other grew to become stuck in the window, authorities stated. Emergency responders arrived round 7:28 a.m. March 18 and pronounced her lifeless.
It’s unclear how she grew to become trapped in the window. The Monroe County Sheriff’s Workplace declined to offer additional particulars concerning the circumstances surrounding her dying.
A full post-mortem can be launched pending toxicology outcomes, the coroner’s workplace stated.
The Pelican RV Resort & Marina hasn’t responded to a number of requests for remark.
Therriault was a budding artist who studied on the Savannah Faculty of Artwork and Design, in response to her mom.
Wright stated her daughter additionally had a degree of empathy that was “unmatched.”
“She touched numerous lives in necessary methods, repeatedly defending the underdog as she took upon herself the world’s inherent unfairness,” she stated.
“Sydney lived life to the fullest at each second. And that is what we are going to do,” she continued.