General News

‘Worst nightmare’: Woman’s French bulldog dies after eating popular houseplant

A Wisconsin girl is spreading an pressing warning to canine house owners after her beloved French bulldog died from eating a popular $5 home plant.

Devastated Kate Wagner mentioned her “spunky and energetic” pup Lily turned critically unwell after munching on leaves from a sago palm, a standard plant that may be extraordinarily toxic to animals and people if ingested.

“[Lily] was a ray of sunshine in our dwelling that’s missed dearly,” Wagner informed The Put up on Tuesday.

In a Fb put up earlier this month, Wagner described her ordeal, saying she had no concept the 6-inch plant she purchased from a backyard middle final summer time would in the end grow to be her “worst nightmare.”

“I’ve seen this plant on the market on the cabinets at Walmart, Lowes, and Dwelling Depot sitting amongst different innocent family crops with zero warning label connected,” she wrote.

Wagner’s 1½-year-old pooch was left combating for her life after moving into the greenery, and needed to be placed on a feeding tube and drugs schedule.

sago palm plant.
A detailed-up of the leaves on a sago palm plantGetty Pictures/iStockphoto

She in the end handed away on Might 16 after a protracted struggle.

“She fought arduous, beloved arduous, and gave us a pair butt wiggles simply earlier than she simply couldn’t struggle any longer,” Wagner wrote.

“We beloved her so very a lot and gave her all of the love and care within the weeks because the incident we might presumably give. We’re actually devastated.”

Now, Wagner mentioned she’s attempting to unfold the phrase to maintain this from taking place to different pets.

“If you’re a houseplant lover, please analysis your own home crops prior to buying. Even in the event you assume the home plant is in a safe location, mischievous little paws should still get into bother,” she wrote.

Wagner additionally informed The Put up that she’d prefer to encourage backyard facilities to label poisonous crops.

She pointed to a instrument on the ASPCA’s web site about houseplants that may be toxic to pets, which might have “saved Lily’s life in hindsight.”

“I want I might have recognized,” she mentioned.

About the author

Donna Miller

Donna Miller

Donna is one of the oldest contributors of Gruntstuff and she has a unique perspective with regards to Science which makes her write news from the Science field. She aims to empower the readers with the delivery of apt factual analysis of various news pieces from Science. Donna has 3.5 years of experience in news-based content creation, and she is now an expert at it. She loves journalism, and that is the reason, she moved from a web content writer to a News writer, and she is loving it. She is a fun-loving woman who has very good connections with every team member. She makes the working environment cheerful which improves the team’s work productivity.

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment

Get in Touch!

To get in touch with gruntstuff or to tell us about a Story or Press Release, just send an email to gruntstuffnews @ gmail.com
. And, we will get back to you shortly.